Assemble the Arithmetic Kit and discover how the Mechanical Addiator and Mechanical Multiplier work.
- The model kit comes with a QR-code to the study guide about the mechanisms, the principal of their working, the main characteristics, formulas. It also includes interesting assignments.
- Dive into augmented reality and look at how Mechanical Addiator and Mechanical Multiplier work. Interact with the models via a special AR application from Ugears.
UGEARS' Arithmetic Model Kit, part of UGEARS' STEM Lab collection, consists of two ready-to-assemble models: A Mechanical Addiator and a Mechanical Multiplier.
Find out how the Mechanical Addiator and Mechanical Multiplier work
The Mechanical Addiator is a compact arithmetic machine (or adding machine) that works by moving gear racks, using a stylus included in the kit. By moving the sliding racks, marked with arrows and numbers from 0 to 9, you can add and subtract numbers.
The Mechanical Multiplier is a flat hinge mechanism that accomplishes binary operations on numbers. By moving the dual slider, you can multiply and square numbers from 1 to 12, making the multiplication table fun.
Uses for The Mechanical Addiator and Mechanical Multiplier
The Mechanical Addiator is used to add and subtract numbers. To do this, the user enters a numeric value using the stylus, then uses the stylus to enter a second number. The device then shows the result of the desired mathematical operation, according to where the second number was entered (top row for addition, bottom row for subtraction). But the Addiator is not limited to addition and subtraction—you can also use it to multiply and divide.
The Mechanical Multiplier is a simple and interesting way to learn the “unloved” multiplication tables from 1 to 12 and to understand the simple principle of hinge-lever mechanisms. When the two sliders are moved to various numbers, you will see their product displayed in the window above.
The Mechanical Addiator consists of:
The Mechanical Multiplier consists of:
- Lever system
- Results window
- Value field
Ugears STEM puzzles are designed to suit different age groups with a special focus on the learning components. The assembly of the model will be interesting and won’t take much time.
STEM Lab Model kits come with all you need in a box.
Just like the rest of Ugear's wooden model kits, putting STEM Lab models together is fun and comprehensive: everything you need to build, learn, and discover comes in a box. There you will find:
- Wooden details are pre-cut with a precise high-tech laser in high-quality plywood boards, as well as other materials required for assembly. DIY kits need no glue or additional instruments to build. The details come out of the board with a slight push.
- Step-by-step illustrated instruction manual of 3D puzzle assembly.
- Practical Lab tasks with the use of your model.
- QR-code to download a pocket study guide about the Ugears model, its mechanism, principle of its working, main characteristics, physical and mechanical formulas, and fun practical tasks.
- QR-code to download AR application. Fascinating innovation from Ugears – new drive to learn more new things!
Model Size Addiator: 8.5 x 4.3 x 0.91 in
Model Size Multiplier: 9.8 x 10.0 x 1.6 in
Package size: 8.1 x 7.4 x 2.5 in
Number of parts: 117
Assembly Time: 2 hours
Recommended Age: 8+
Kit weight: 0.99 lbs